Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My 'Wheels'

Finally arrived at Calgary Airport five minutes ahead of schedule.



A very small airport, that was totally deserted - Perfect for a quick pass through immigration, or so I thought...


Canadian officials thought it very odd that I was travelling alone, not meeting anyone, and had no family here... I am sure I am not the first.


They were happy once I explained that I was taking photos for personal use, and not on an assignment, so I went on my way.



I collected the excellent GyPSy Guide GPS system (more on this in a couple of days when I have really put it through it's paces), and went to collect my rental car for this part of the trip.


In true US/Canadian style, I was given a huge 'Bus' of a car;

03malibureview2010.jpg

A 2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Big V6 automatic... That doesn't really go around corners very well!


It also has a very fetching 'Beige' interior - mmmm.

25malibureview2010.jpg

After lots of swearing and head scratching I eventually found my first hotel 'Hotel Sandman' in downtown Calgary - To be fair to my navigation skills, building a tram link along the road that the Satnav was telling me I needed to go wasn't really me fault!



It is now 06:20 Calgary time - I have been awake since 04:00, but can't wait to go and explore.