Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Discovering Calgary

Spent my first full day in Canada today - It started out a little damp, but I was determined not to waste anytime, so jumped on the Tram to Calgary Zoo.


I know it is the end of the season, and it wasn't the best weather, but I was surprised at how empty the park was.


Perfect for me to play around with the camera and see what I could do;


This was handheld, through glass:

D30_5677.jpg

And this was through wire bars:

D30_5699.jpg

I then moved on to Calgary Tower for a view of the city. I am not a 'heights' person at all, but I do like the view they allow you - Would you believe that I has left my wide angle zoom in the car... Amateur
D30_5718.jpg

and I even got a little brave in the name of my art, standing on the glass floor looking down onto Calgary below
D30_5716.jpg

My afternoon was spent driving from Calgary to my next location 'Kananaskis' (Cana-Skis to us in the UK!)... Finally getting my first view of the Rockies.



Can't wait to go and explore them over the next few days - But until then, I am happy to make do with the stunning Barrier Lake:

D30_5764_65_66_67_68_69_70_tonemapped.jpg

Settled into Delta Lodge for the next two days - Really lovely room in a perfect location.



Off to charge some batteries.