Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Best of Both

I left the ski resort of Sun Peaks this morning, heading for Harrison Lake (my stop for the next two nights).

Following advice from some locals, I decided to take the 2 hour (!) detour enroute to visit the city of Kelowna, BC.

...and I am glad I did! Kelowna is a summer holiday location for a lot of British Columbians - Having a great mix of shops, bars, parks and watersports... And a cracking climate!

It is known here at the 'California of the North', which suits it well. This is a really nice laid-back atmosphere to the place.

I left Sun Peaks this morning in jeans and a hoodie - It was chilly!; I should have put shorts and a t-shirt on instead for here:

The weather is gorgeous, as is the view, as I sit here in the City Park overlooking the harbour with my Caramel Pecan waffle cone.





Canada continues to impress - Snow to Sun within a 4 hour drive.

Lovely.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone 4