Thursday, June 2, 2011

MyMonth May

May

May 2011

After such a busy month, thank goodness I only had to find three images, although it is fair to say they are probably the three most relevant images I have posted for a month in this project so far.

So, here is a quick explanation:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2114/5788239626_f57275e2d9_m.jpg

  • M - The Golden Arches, or, more specifically, the Golden Arches on the front of one of our Lecturns.

This month has seen me get back (a little bit) to where I am most at home - Presenting to groups. May bought us our first All Hands meeting of 2011, along with Degree Assessment Days, and a number of other courses. Bliss.


http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/5787685187_3ffd5abe8a_m.jpg

  • A - Half term means the girls are at home, which could be symbolised by the toy you see here (although our girls are way too techy for yo-yos!)

But no, the yo-yo is to symbolise my trips this months... London and back on a daily basis, Kent, Nottingham, Coventry, Essex, Suffolk - I am glad I collect Shell points. Up and down the country like a yo-yo this month.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2267/5788245878_ce9e622fd1_m.jpg

  • Y - Really pleased with how this one turned out... It is fair to say it is the first shot that I truly planned out.

Check out my additional post for more information on how I set-up and got this shot (along with a couple that I didn't quite get right!)

Why a cocktail?

A couple of reasons:

All Hands = Nights out with free Cocktails - I think the phrase was "Hmmm, this is far from unpleasent" was mentioned a few times. Exactly!

Celebration! - A wonderful wedding shoot with the lovely Ruth & Mark - An absolute pleasure to spend time with...

Celebration! - A welcome to the world drink to wet the head of the super cool Charlie Westlake... Nice to meet you little man!



So a busy month - and now we are in to full-on Wedding Season, so another few busy months ahead.

As usual, I have put together a short slideshow of the images, which you can view here on Vimeo





Until next month... All the best,

Paul Trs Sig