Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sunset Beach (Westy 52)

This weeks' image was taken at Praia d'El Rai beach, on Portugal's Silver Coast.

I didn't take an SLR away with me, so all of my holiday photos (including this one) were taken with the Canon G9.

It really is the ultimate 'compact' for me - It may not be the smallest around, but it really packs a punch.

The image here is actually an HDR (high dynamic range) image generated by taking three photos at different exposures and then combining them in photoshop.

I shot at 'flat' and +/- 2 stops to record the Highlights (sun), mids. and shadows.

The image is 'stitched' together using the tone mapping function in Photomatix.

I then re-imported the generated image back into Photoshop and layered the original three images over it - exposing the parts that I wanted to show through using layer masks.

Landscapes really aren't my thing, but I think this one works...

Now back to the beach!


No comments: