Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Wonders of Photoshop

The Wonders of Photoshop

We took a trip to Mead Open Farm at the weekend with the girls. The Weather was the usual late winter fare - Cold, dry with dull grey skies.

Hardly ideal photo weather - But as usual I had the Canon G11 with me just in-case.

I really liked the leading lines the rope bridge made on this climbing frame - But the lifeless grey/white is hardly ideal - Still, I grabbed the shot, and decided to ‘have a play’ later:

Caitlin2

First things first - That sky just wouldn’t do, so I went through my archives to find one more suitable:

sky

…and took both files into Photoshop.

I layered the sky over the original image (just to make sure it roughly lined up), then took both layers into the awesome Maskpro

It was then a simple task to mask out all the grey/white and reveal my lovely sky behind it showing through.

Some final tweeks in Phototools ,specifically to boost the contrast on the ropes (to give a bit of an HDR feel), and finally bringing the attention back to the bridge and Caitlin with a subtle use of FocalPoint.

The finished product?

Caitlin1